International Stress Awareness Week 2022
Stress Awareness week started in 2018 and it follows from Stress Awareness Day which started in 1998. It was brought about to increase the importance of how much stress can affect our day-to-day life.
We understand the need to use a solicitor can be stressful, depending on what is going on in your life. We want to make things less complicated by taking you step by step through the legal process for you and your business.
Why is Stress management important?
It is important to manage your stress as the long-term effects of stress can result in; heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure and depression.
In some cases, a little stress is good but if you find yourself stressed for a long period then stress management is critical you need to learn how to manage it
Managing you stress levels
Here are some ways you can manage your own stress levels:
- Avoid drinking, smoking and using caffeine to handle it.
- Planning ahead
- Deciding what is the most important task to do (write a checklist)
- Take 5 minutes to breath
When you are feeling stressed, try:
- Talking to someone you trust (alternatively write down the reasons that cause you stress)
- Stepping outside and focus on your breathing (go for a walk)
Signs to look out for if you or others around you are stressed
- Not sleeping enough/ sleeping too much and always feeling tired
- Lack of interest in your hobbies
- Irritable by everything
- Lack of motivation for work
- Eating too little/ too much
- Isolating yourself from others/ loved ones
Stress affects everyone differently and also one way to manage it may not work for all. It’s important to learn what helps you and not to believe nothing works for you.
Stress Management Society have a free Stress Guide that you can find here