When your solicitor asks for bank statements dating back months, please believe us when we say they are not just being difficult! Gemma Francis, a Conveyancer in WSP Solicitors’ Residential...
WSP Solicitors are a growing, Gloucestershire based legal practice, with offices in Stroud and Gloucester. The business has been providing legal services to the people of Gloucestershire for over 250 years. WSP specialise in a vast range of personal and commercial law.
WSP Solicitors are:
- Committed to the development of our staff.
- Focused on improving our technology and the ease of access to legal services, for our clients.
- Dedicated to building a positive, strong and inclusive working culture within the business.
What is on offer?
- Being a part of an exciting, growing business who truly put clients first.
- The opportunity to have a hybrid-style, flexible working pattern, based between the office and home.
- Salary based on experience and the value you can bring the firm. Including an Employee Pension Scheme.
- The ability to develop yourself professionally through internal and external training. We invest in you, if you invest in us!
- 24 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- A variety of employee benefits including; Life Assurance, Opticians Scheme, Staff Discounts and Christmas Saving Club.
- Established role within the Private Client Department.
- Proven background and demonstrable enthusiasm for Private Client work. To include:
- Contentious Probate work to include but not limited to claims underInheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants Act) 1975.
- Preparation of Wills
- Administration of Estates for business and private clients
- Lifetime and Post-Death Tax Planning
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection Orders
- Residential and Nursing Care Issues
- Trust formation and administration
- Excellent opportunity to gain skills and experience and have a hand in the development of a long established, forward-thinking and expanding firm.
- The role will also involve active participation in the firm’s marketing, article drafting, PR, business development, social media and networking activities, as appropriate.
For more information please view the Job Analysis here: C. Job Analysis Legal Practitioner
Your Experience & Technical Ability
- Circa 3 years PQE.
- The STEP or SFE qualification would be preferred but is not essential.
- Knowledge of the law relating to Contested Wills and Inheritance Act claims.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully having acted for clients in contentious Probate matters.
- Ability to advise and progress claims on behalf of a dependent under IPFDA 1975.
- Experience in a variety of different areas of dispute in Probate, including disputes over the validity of a Will, capacity of the testator and disputes as to an estate administration and costs charged by the person administering an estate.
- Preparation of responses to a Larke v Nugus request.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the preparation of Wills (including Wills incorporating measures aimed at asset protection and mitigation of tax).
- Fundamental principles of inheritance, capital gains and income tax and their application in an estate planning context.
- Formation, administration and taxation of trusts; administration of estates; deeds of variation.
- Knowledge of the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Ability and willingness to learn and manage workload in an efficient and organised manner and meet clients’ demanding requirements.
- Able to communicate very well in writing using correct grammar and plain English.
- Enthusiastic, willing and strong team player, have an excellent balance between technical ability and commercial awareness.
- Possess strong organisational and inter-personal skills and be IT proficient.
- Please refer to the Job Analysis on our website for further information.
If this sounds like you, please send a covering letter detailing your salary expectations along with your CV, quoting the job reference PCD/FE/1021 to email@example.com
- 24 Days of Annual Leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible/Hybrid Working
- Corporate Healthcare Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Bonus & Incentive Scheme
- Christmas Saving Club
- Internal and External Training and Development
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Free Parking
- Opticians Scheme
- Staff Discounts on Services
- Hours Full Time
- Salary Competitive
- Location Stroud
- Apply now