Today the Chancellor announced more welcomed changes to Stamp Duty payments to help more people move, promote residential investment, and boost first-time buyer ownership. The best news is these changes...
Top 5 New Year’s Resolutions for divorced or divorcing parents
Some say that New Years Resolutions are made to be broken but here are a handful of brief tips that may assist divorcing or separated parents particularly with children:
1. Communication – If at all possible communicate in a civilised manner with your ex and not just in front of the children.
2. Honesty – Talk honestly, openly and reasonably with your ex concerning arrangements for the children.
3. Empathy – Try to empathise with the children particularly if they live in more than one residence for substantial periods of time. We as adults would almost certainly find this disturbing so our children must do too
4. Listen – Children tend to feel differently at different development stages about their parents and one should always keep one’s ears and hearts open
5. Trust – Despite your differences there has to be some trust between yourself and your ex when dealing with children related matters.
- Civil Litigation News
- Commercial Law News
- Commercial Property News
- Company Updates
- Estate Planning Advice
- Family Law News
- Lasting Powers of Attorney Advice
- MyBusiness Partner Advice
- Personal Injury News
- Residential Conveyancing News
- Wills, Trusts & Probate Advice
- WSP Events and Networking
- WSP in the Community