With COVID restrictions lifting and the summer holiday fast approaching, we wanted to explore how the holiday may affect any child maintenance that is paid. Louise Kelly, Family Solicitor at...
(Job reference 0121/PARA)
WSP Solicitors are dynamic and forward thinking legal practice with offices across Stroud, Gloucester and Dursley. We have been serving Gloucestershire for over 250 years and operate across a wide range of personal and commercial law.
We are excited to be recruiting for both a Corporate Commercial Paralegal and a Commercial Property Paralegal position within the business. This role would be absolutely perfect for a Law Graduate or someone currently at Assistant level looking to progress their career.
We are looking for Paralegals to provide excellent support to our Legal Practitioners in multiple departments based in our Stroud or Gloucester offices although there will be an expectation to work from home for some of the time during the current pandemic.
The role involves assisting with client liaison, preparing documents and assisting with compliance and legal orientated tasks. The role would suit an individual who is looking to develop a career in law.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive new enquiries helping the client identify their legal need and become a client
- Prepare compliance for the Legal Practitioner to review and approve inc:
- Complete a first draft of the Risk Analysis
- Review ID and, if appropriate, Source of Funds information
- Complete legal tasks to progress matters as supervised by the practitioner, examples include:
- Completing forms
- Drafting emails and where necessary letters
- Conducting transactions through posting slips
- Preparing statements
- Attend meetings with clients and third parties
- Manage the matters finances as directed and reviewed by the Practitioner including:
- Completing posting slips
- Drafting invoices
- Adding matter expenses
- Record time
We are looking for candidates who ideally have previous legal experience in a legal environment. The ideal candidate will be confident, proactive, team focussed, flexible and adaptable to change whilst providing care and attention to detail to help deliver the best service to our clients. Being organised and able to use initiative are also considered pre-requites for this important role.
Please click on this link for the job analysis :B. Job Analysis Paralegal and Trainee
Salary and benefits:
- Salary £TBC per Annum
- 24 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Remote Working Opportunities
- Sponsored Training Opportunities
- Life Assurance
- Opticians Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Christmas Club
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send a covering letter detailing your current salary or salary expectations along with your CV, quoting the job reference 0121/PARA to firstname.lastname@example.org.