When dealing with a loved one’s estate during a stressful time, attempting probate on your own can be risky. Isabelle Gulliver, a Paralegal in WSP Solicitors’ Private Client Department specializing...
WSP Solicitors are a growing, Gloucestershire based legal practice, with offices in Stroud, and Gloucester. The business has been providing legal services to the people of Gloucestershire for over 250 years. WSP specialise in a vast range of personal and commercial law.
WSP Solicitors are:
- Committed to the development of our staff.
- Focused on improving our technology and the ease of access to legal services, for our clients.
- Dedicated to building a positive, strong and inclusive working culture within the business
What is on offer?
- Being a part of an exciting, growing business who truly put clients first.
- The opportunity to have a hybrid-style, flexible working pattern, based between the office and home.
- Salary based on experience and the value you can bring the firm. Including an Employee Pension Scheme.
- The ability to develop yourself professionally through internal and external training. We invest in you, if you invest in us!
- 24 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- A variety of employee benefits including:
- Life Assurance
- Corporate Health Care Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bonus Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- Staff Incentive Scheme
- Christmas Saving Club
- Various Staff discounts / Concessions
- Opticians Scheme
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Paralegal to be based in our Stroud office to provide excellent support to our Legal Practitioners in our Commercial Property Department. The role involves assisting with client liaison, preparing documents, and assisting with compliance and legal orientated tasks.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive new enquiries helping the client identify their legal need and become a client
- Prepare compliance for the Legal Practitioner to review and approve inc:
- Complete a first draft of the Risk Analysis
- Review ID and, if appropriate, Source of Funds information
- Complete legal tasks to progress matters as supervised by the practitioner, examples include:
- Completing forms
- Drafting emails and where necessary letters
- Conducting transactions through posting slips
- Preparing statements
- Attend meetings with clients and third parties
- Manage the matters finances as directed and reviewed by the Practitioner including:
- Completing posting slips
- Drafting invoices
- Adding matter expenses
- Record time
- Please refer to the Job Analysis on our website for further information.
Your Experience & Technical Ability
- Previous paralegal experience would be an advantage.
- Confident, proactive, team focussed,
- Flexible and adaptable to change whilst providing care and attention to detail to help deliver the best service to our clients.
- Being organised and able to use initiative are also considered pre-requites for this important role.
- Possess strong organisational and inter-personal skills and be IT proficient.
If this sounds like you, please send a covering letter detailing your current salary and salary expectations along with your CV, quoting the job reference 0823/PARA to email@example.com
“WSP Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer”
- Hours Full Time
- Salary Competitive
- Location Stroud
- Apply now