Whether you have owned your business for generations or for a short time the decision to sell isn’t always easy. Once a decision is reached, your thoughts will turn to...
Have you been Injured at Work?
Did you know that your employer has a duty to protect you? Your health, safety and general welfare are protected by law. They are also obliged to have insurance in place that will cover claims made by employees injured at work. This means that should you ever need to make a claim if you have been injured at work, it will be your employer’s insurers that will handle the matter and not your employer directly.
We all have the duty to act sensibly when at work and everyone has the right to expect to go to work and come home again unharmed.
If you ever find yourself in this situation here are a few things that could help:
- Make sure the incident is recorded in your employer’s accident book. Get the details of any witnesses and if you are able take photographs of the accident scene.
- Seek medical assistance from your GP or visit the hospital, providing a full history of how you sustained your injury.
- Ask your employer for support with your recovery. Many businesses are able to offer care and medical treatment via their individual occupational schemes.
- Inform the Health and Safety Executive of the incident. All employers must comply with strict statutory rules relating to health and safety in the workplace. They will investigate claims if they have concerns.
- Contact a personal injury solicitor such as those from WSP Solicitors. We offer you a free interview and will provide you with independent, regulated legal advice. You do not need to call an injury call centre. You can seek local advice and assistance for your claim, giving you the opportunity to meet the person representing you face to face. We will also run your claim under a “no win no fee” agreement.
If you have any questions about the personal injury process, or about making a claim, please contact one of the Personal Injury specialists at WSP Solicitors.
We offer a first hour appointment for free and can then advise you on a “no win no fee” basis for the rest of your claim.
Read further articles around Personal Injury.
- Civil Litigation News
- Commercial Law News
- Commercial Property News
- Company Updates
- Estate Planning Advice
- Family Law News
- Lasting Powers of Attorney Advice
- MyBusiness Partner Advice
- Personal Injury News
- Residential Conveyancing News
- Wills, Trusts & Probate Advice
- WSP Events and Networking
- WSP in the Community