WSP Solicitors are proud to announce our new charity partner Young Gloucestershire (YG) in what is set to be a new 2-year charity partnership through 2023 and 2024. YG is...
Top Tips for Staying Safe as the Nights get Longer
As the clocks go back and the nights draw in, the likelihood of an accident happening increases along with the start of winter and the changeable weather.
Wet slippery surfaces, poor visibility, windy or simply cold weather increase the risks for people. Even simple tasks can become dangerous.
Here are a few ways to help you stay safe during the darker winter nights
- Suitable footwear, soles that have grip to help you avoid injury due to a slip.
- If driving have a first aid kit in your vehicle, plan your journey, regularly check your tyre pressure and windscreen washer. Also don’t forget an ice scraper.
- The dark can mask potential hazards such as potholes, broken glass and sharp objects so slow down and be more vigilant.
- Keep your dog on a lead. It stops them being out of your control while your vision of what’s ahead is reduced.
- Avoid unknown routes stick to routes you know well
- Visibility is important reflective clothing and a torch could help with that
What are the legal options available if you are involved in an accident that is not your fault?
If despite taking care an accident still happens that is the fault of someone else negligence you may be able to make a personal injury claim. If you accident is at work this could be a claim against your employer, if in a car the driver of the other vehicle or the council if you fell as a result of a badly maintained road or walkway.
Here at WSP Solicitors we are experienced in pursing injury claims. We offer a no win no fee agreement and would be more than happy to discuss any potential enquiry with you. You do not need to be local to use us as we serve clients all over the country.
- Civil Litigation News
- Commercial Law News
- Commercial Property News
- Company Updates
- Estate Planning Advice
- Family Law News
- Lasting Powers of Attorney Advice
- MyBusiness Partner Advice
- Personal Injury News
- Residential Conveyancing News
- Wills, Trusts & Probate Advice
- WSP Events and Networking
- WSP in the Community