Amie Calder, Family Solicitor at WSP Solicitors has successfully qualified as a Resolution Accredited Specialist for Children and Domestic Violence work. Founded in 1982, Resolution is a community of family...
What do I need to do, and what’s involved with buying a home?
It doesn’t matter how many times you’ve moved house, we understand that it doesn’t get any less stressful, and most importantly we also understand how important your transaction is to you.
Whether you are buying or selling, our residential property team of conveyancers are here to make your move as simple and straightforward for you as possible.
We’ve put together the following step-by-step guide to show you the key stages of buying a home:
• Phone us, e-mail us or call in to appoint WSP Solicitors to represent you.
• Arrange your mortgage and give us details of your lender. Consider having a survey.
• We will receive a contract package from the seller’s legal representative.
• We will submit various searches, which check different aspects of your chosen property.
• We will raise appropriate enquiries with the seller’s legal representative based upon the information received in the contract package.
• We will receive your mortgage offer.
• We will report to you on the contract package either by post or in person.
• We will ask you to sign the contract and, if relevant, pay to us the deposit needed on exchange of contracts.
• We will exchange contracts and deal with your mortgage company in the build up to completion.
• We will ask you for payment of money needed to complete which will include stamp duty land tax, land registry fees and all other legal costs and expenses.
• We will complete your purchase, pay stamp duty land tax and register your title to your chosen property at the Land Registry.
• From the start to the finish of the transaction we will keep you informed of developments and do our best to ensure your stress levels are kept to a minimum.
If you have any questions at all regarding buying a home, please get in touch today to make your process of moving less complicated.
Telephone: 01453 847200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Civil Litigation News
- Commercial Law News
- Commercial Property News
- Company Updates
- Estate Planning Advice
- Family Law News
- Lasting Powers of Attorney Advice
- MyBusiness Partner Advice
- Personal Injury News
- Residential Conveyancing News
- Wills, Trusts & Probate Advice
- WSP Events and Networking
- WSP in the Community